Have You Been Charged With A Crime Or Are Under Investigation By Law Enforcement?
Even if you are facing what you believe are minor criminal charges, it is important to contact an experienced Minneapolis criminal defense lawyer. You may discover that the penalties for a conviction are far worse than you expect and that your defense options are better than expected.
Groshek Law PA provides highly-skilled criminal defense throughout the greater Minneapolis area.
Effective criminal defense representation must begin as soon as you are suspected of committing a crime. Contact Groshek Law PA today at 612-426-7047 to learn about your options.
Defending The Rights Of The Accused
At Groshek Law PA in Minneapolis, Minnesota, our criminal lawyers defend clients throughout the Twin Cities who have been charged with crimes ranging from misdemeanors like shoplifting to felonies like aggravated assault.
Our legal team will help defend you in all stages of your criminal case, from pretrial hearings to trial and beyond. We also appeal criminal convictions if a judge or jury came to the wrong decision or an issue was handled incorrectly in your case. Our firm defends our clients against offense such as:
- Violent crimes: Assault, domestic violence, homicide and other violent offense charges carry serious penalties that can have a lasting impact on your life. We will work hard to defend you from these charges and other charges for violent crimes.
- Drug crimes: The penalties you face for a drug crime conviction can vary drastically depending on the amount and type of drugs involved. Speak with an attorney at our firm to learn about the penalties in your case and what we can do to challenge the charges against you or appealing your case to a higher court.
- DUI/DWI: Drunk driving charges can result in large fines, the loss of your license and jail time. Learn about your options and protect your rights after an arrest.
- Juvenile and college student offenses: Juvenile defense requires specialized knowledge and insight into the process. We are experienced in juvenile and college-age student cases, and we will help defend you or your child from a wide range of criminal charges.
- Sex crimes: Mere allegations of a sex crime can destroy your reputation. We can help protect your reputation and defend you from the charges you face.
- White collar crimes: From embezzlement to fraud, we handle all types of federal offenses and white collar crimes, and we will work to protect your professional reputation throughout the process.
- Probation violations: A violation of probation could land you back in jail or prison. We have experience defending from probation violation charges.
- Theft. From shoplifting to burglary, our attorneys have the experience and skill to defend you from all types of theft charges.
- Computer and internet crimes: We defend clients accused of all types of computer and internet-related crimes, including those involving solicitation of a minor, identity theft and online scams.
- Expungements: We can help you determine if your case is eligible for expungement, and we can guide you through the process of clearing your record.
We also appeal criminal convictions if a judge or jury came to the wrong decision or an issue was handled incorrectly in your case. Additionally, we handle matters involving child protection court, as well as professional license revocation and the maltreatment of children and vulnerable adults.
Stopping Law Enforcement In Their Tracks
By promptly investigating allegations early on, a criminal defense lawyer may prevent authorities from charging you with criminal offenses in the first place. If our lawyers are brought into a criminal investigation early enough, we may be able to redirect or pre-empt an investigation.
It is not unusual for investigators to “go on a fishing expedition” – talking to witnesses, trying to get a suspect to talk or asking for information on someone – in the hopes of finding anything that will justify opening a full-scale investigation. When this happens, meeting with investigators to answer questions and dismiss unfounded suspicions can pre-empt an investigation against you.
Helping You Navigate The Criminal Justice System
Founding attorney Christa Groshek provides vigorous criminal defense representation for adults and juveniles across Minnesota. She is reputable, respected and experienced. If you are facing criminal charges, you can rely on her to aggressively defend your rights at all levels of the state and federal court system.
We are not accepting pro bono cases at this time.