We are essential, and so are you! Our firm is still open for business and accepting new clients. To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering new and current clients the ability to meet with us via telephone or through video conferencing. We also have masks available upon request if you need to visit the office. Please call our office to discuss your options.
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » 
  5. Child Support
  6.  » Enforcement

Child Support And Alimony Enforcement In Minnesota

Court orders that come out of a divorce and define child custody, child support and alimony are legally enforceable. If they are not followed, you may need to file a contempt petition.

At the Minneapolis law firm of Groshek Law PA, our legal team represents clients throughout the Twin Cities with all matters of family law and divorce. We can help you file a petition with the court to get you the support to which you are entitled. Here are some issues to keep in mind:

  • When a parent fails to pay child support, he or she may face arrest and another legal action.
  • When a parent fails to pay alimony that is owed to an ex-spouse, he or she may face wage garnishment.
  • If one parent does not live up to a visitation agreement or makes it difficult for the other parent to do so, we can file for contempt.

For help with enforcement of child support and spousal support orders, call 612-426-7047 today for understanding and skilled assistance from an attorney at Groshek Law PA.

When circumstances warrant legal action, we can file a contempt petition to compel cooperation with mandatory court orders for support or to enforce terms of a child custody or child support agreement.

If you are owed back child support or alimony, a legal judgment in your favor may allow you to levy wages, seize money in a bank account or seize tax refund money.

Contact A Minneapolis Child Support Lawyer Today

To discuss child support or child custody enforcement at a consultation with one of our enforcement lawyers, contact us online or call us at 612-426-7047.



More In This Section

  • Family Law 100% 100%
Woman, wearing a jean jacket, hat and scarf, overlooking Minneapolis skyline and river in the background


At Groshek Law PA, each client is viewed as an individual, not a legal problem.



We start with a proactive approach through mutual education.



We expect the unexpected, so we are always prepared.



Our attorneys adhere to the Highest Professional Standard.