Child Custody In Minnesota: Relocating With Children

It is not uncommon for one parent to want to move with the children out of state or just to the other side of the Twin Cities. Relocation raises significant child custody, parenting time/visitation and child support issues, especially if the relocation is out of state.

If one parent is contemplating moving out of Minnesota, both parents should consider consulting with an experienced family law attorney.

Relocation, Moves And Job Transfers When Children Are Involved

At GROSHEK LAW PA, in Minneapolis, we represent parents dealing with issues surrounding relocation or move-away requests after a divorce or separation. If you have questions about your rights as a parent, speak with us to ensure that your children are being protected throughout the process.

Whether you or the other parent wants to relocate with your children, it is important to speak with an attorney about your family law options. If you relocate with the children without the other party’s permission or a court order, there may be significant consequences, including a loss of custody and visitation rights.

On the other hand, if your former spouse is planning to relocate with your children and you oppose the move, it is highly recommended that you file a motion to prevent the relocation as soon as possible.

Contact Us Today

To discuss relocation and modification of custody and support orders with a lawyer in a confidential consultation, contact us online or call GROSHEK LAW PA at 612-426-7047 today.


More In This Section

  • Family Law 100% 100%

Why Hire Us?

At Groshek Law PA, each client is viewed as an individual, not a legal problem.


We start with a proactive approach through mutual education.


We expect the unexpected, so we are always prepared.


Our attorneys adhere to the Highest Professional Standard.