We are essential, and so are you! Our firm is still open for business and accepting new clients. To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering new and current clients the ability to meet with us via telephone or through video conferencing. We also have masks available upon request if you need to visit the office. Please call our office to discuss your options.
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Unmarried parents face unique legal challenges

Unmarried parents face unique legal challenges

| Mar 10, 2015 | Family Law

For many residents in and around the Twin Cities metropolitan area, family is very important. Increasingly, the compositions of today’s families are very different from those of 40 or more years ago. In fact, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 40 percent of children who are born in the U.S. are born to unmarried women. With these kinds of changes to the traditional family structure, come certain legal challenges related to numerous various family law issues.

For Minneapolis area residents who are dealing with issues related to paternity, child support and child custody and visitation; emotions often run high and may result in an individual saying or doing something he or she later regrets. Additionally without any type of legal intervention, the rights and obligations of unmarried parents, especially fathers, may be called into question.

The family law attorneys at Groshek Law PA can assist unmarried parents in establishing paternity, devising a parenting plan, obtaining and enforcing a child support order and with numerous other family law matters. We understand the difficulties unmarried mothers and fathers face and work to come up with solutions that serve to benefit a child and parent.

Baring extenuating circumstances, every parent has the right to see and form a relationship with his or her child. Likewise, every child has the legal right to be financially supported by both parents. In cases where a parent is trying to obtain access to a child or a parent is behind on child support payments, we can help.