Legal help with paternity

On Behalf of | Aug 25, 2014 | Fathers' Rights

In Minnesota, a biological father does not have rights to his child if he is not married to the mother unless he can prove that he is the father. This can be established through a recognition of parentage or a DNA test. The father will then gain the privileges of visitation and the right to seek custody but will be held responsible for child support.

Our law office understands that dealing with family matters, including paternity, needs to be addressed through a holistic approach. We realize how important your rights as a parent are to you. We will discuss your case with you and provide you with the relevant information and available options. We want to help you achieve your goals and assist you as you move forward in your relationship with your child.

We can help you if you want to prove that a child is yours. We can assist with DNA testing, help craft a viable parenting plan and determine how much child support you should pay. If a mother is seeking child support from the father, he is responsible to help with pregnancy-related costs, bills related to childbirth, ongoing medical care for the child, day care and child support. Unless there are serious criminal issues in the father’s background, he will be permitted to share equal parenting time. Our firm will assist you set up a parenting plan to help ensure that your rights are protected.

Paternity and custody issues are rapidly changing as the meaning of family is redefined. If you have additional questions about how to establish a relationship with your child, our page on Minneapolis Paternity Lawyer”, August 21, 2014

Source: Groshek Law PA, “Minneapolis Paternity Lawyer”, August 21, 2014