GROSHEK LAW PA
Why Settle For One Attorney When You Can Have A Team? Our Method Devotes Three Attorneys To Every Client, Every Time.
We are essential, and so are you! Our firm is still open for business and accepting new clients. To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering new and current clients the ability to meet with us via telephone or through video conferencing. We also have masks available upon request if you need to visit the office. Please call our office to discuss your options.
Misty Myers is an attorney with a wide breadth of experience, giving her clients comfort in knowing every angle will be covered in their representation.
Misty obtained her law degree from Michigan State University College of Law in 2007, where she received her Certificate in Family and Child Advocacy. After moving to Minnesota in 2007, she began her legal career as an Assistant City Prosecutor before getting back to her family law roots where she was not only able to focus on family law, but also represented parents in child protection proceedings and handled some criminal defense work for the firm as well as the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe.
During this time, Misty also volunteered with the Crow Wing County DWI Court initially as the defense attorney and then as the Coordinator. After working under a grant for a domestic violence nonprofit, which lost its funding, Misty left the courtroom for a period of time to work in house for an organization and run a legal and government relations department, working on mostly government contract work and then moving into bankruptcy and consumer law prior to rejoining the criminal and family law area with Groshek Law.
Misty brings with her a commitment to ensure that clients are fully informed and understand all aspects of their case and an unbridled resolve to work toward the best possible outcome in each case.
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 2007 to Present
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: Family and Child Advocacy Certificate
- Oakland University, Rochester Hills, Michigan
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science
Current Employment Position
- Senior Associate
- Minnesota, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2017
- Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- Criminal Law
- Law Offices of Robert S. Gitmeid & Associates, Associate Attorney, 2018 to 2018
- Kain & Scott, Associate Attorney, 2017 to 2018
Classes & Seminars
- Case Study: NJPA-North American Group Purchasing", York University-Osgoode School of Law, 2014 to 2015
- Juvenile Sex Offenders: Building Safer Communities, William Mitchell College of Law, 2009 to 2009
WHY HIRE US?
At Groshek Law PA, each client is viewed as an individual, not a legal problem.
We start with a proactive approach through mutual education.
We expect the unexpected, so we are always prepared.
Our attorneys adhere to the Highest Professional Standard.