Effective criminal defense representation must begin as soon as you are suspected of committing a crime. By promptly investigating allegations early on, a criminal defense lawyer can resolve disputes with the police and may even prevent authorities from charging you in the first place.
At Groshek Law in Minneapolis, Minnesota, our criminal lawyers defend clients throughout the Twin Cities who have been charged with crimes ranging from misdemeanors like shoplifting to felonies like aggravated assault.
To discuss your criminal defense needs contact us for a free one-hour consultation or call our office today at 612-424-5829 or toll free at 888-721-1056.
Minneapolis Criminal Defense Attorney Defending the Rights of the Accused
We can defend you in all stages of a criminal case, from pretrial hearings to trial and appeal. Our firm defends our clients against:
- Violent crimes. Assault, domestic violence and homicide charges carry serious penalties that can have a lasting impact on your life. We will work hard to defend you from these charges and other charges for violent crimes.
- Drug crimes. The penalties you face can vary drastically depending on the amount and type of drugs involved. Speak with an attorney at our firm to learn about the penalties in your case and what we can do to challenge the charges against you.
- DUI/DWI. Drunk driving charges can result in large fines, the loss of your license and jail time. Learn about your options and protect your rights after an arrest.
- Juvenile defense. Juvenile defense requires specialized knowledge and insight into the process. We are experienced in these types of cases and can help defend your child from a wide range of juvenile charges.
- Sex crimes. Mere allegations of a sex crime can destroy your reputation. We can help protect your reputation and defend you from the charges you face.
- White collar crimes. From embezzlement to fraud, we handle all types of white collar criminal cases, and we will work to protect your professional reputation throughout the process.
- Probation violations. A violation of probation could land you back in jail or prison. We have experience defending from probation violation charges.
- Theft. From shoplifting to burglary, our attorneys have the experience and skill to defend you from all types of theft charges.
- Computer and Internet crimes. We defend clients accused of all types of computer and Internet-related crimes, including those involving solicitation of a minor, identity theft and online scams.
- Expungements. We can help you determine if your case is eligible for expungement, and we can guide you through the process of clearing your record.
Additionally, we handle matters involving child protection court as well as professional license revocation and the maltreatment of children.
Pre-Empting Charges/Precharge Representation
If brought into an investigation early enough, Christa Groshek may be able to redirect or pre-empt an investigation. It is not unusual for investigators to "go on a fishing expedition" — talking to witnesses, trying to get a suspect to talk or asking for information on someone — in the hopes of finding anything that will justify opening a full-scale investigation. When this happens, meeting with investigators to answer questions and dismiss unfounded suspicions can pre-empt an investigation against you.
Helping Clients Navigate the Criminal Justice System
With more than 14 years of experience, Christa Groshek provides vigorous criminal defense representation for adults and juveniles across Minnesota. She is reputable, respected and experienced. If you are facing criminal charges, you can rely on her to aggressively defend your rights at all levels of the state and federal court system.
To schedule a free initial consultation* with an experienced criminal defense lawyer, contact Groshek Law today or call 612-424-5829.