Experienced Legal Help With Family Law And Divorce Matters
Are you facing a divorce or breakup of a long-term relationship? Does an ex-spouse or partner want to move out of state with your children? Do you want to resolve your family law matter quickly, efficiently and with the least stress for you and your children? If you are facing a family issue in Minnesota, you’ve come to the right website.
At Groshek Law PA, we believe in serving the whole person. Everyone who comes into our office has his or her own unique story to tell, and that story will affect how the law applies to his or her situation. Tell us your story today by calling 612-426-7047.
Our legal team understands what you are facing, and you are never just another case number here. We will work closely with you on your family law issues to help bring them to a positive close.
Our Minneapolis family law attorneys offer many services, including those related to:
- Divorce: We realize that the divorce process is not easy. Our goal is to obtain the best result possible while being considerate of your time and your finances. With years of experience handling high-asset divorces, our lawyers will guide you through every step of the process, including post-decree modifications if needed at a later date.
- Child custody: Custody of their children is one of the most hotly contested issues when parents divorce. Divorcing parents and unmarried couples with children should try to consider what is best for their children, despite the differences they have with each other. It is possible for both parents to have an equal say in almost every child-rearing issue like where the children will live, who makes medical decisions and where they attend school.
- Spousal support: Most divorcing couples would like to maintain the standard of living they had during the marriage. Whether you are paying or receiving alimony or support, we will advocate for your best interest.
- Property division: We take the time and hire the best experts to value your marital property. Knowing which property is and is not part of the marital estate is crucial before making any decisions about dividing up assets.
- Child support: Issues of child support are generally governed by law. The statutes set support guidelines based on income and other factors. However, our lawyers know how to work within the guidelines to help you obtain the best outcome. We will also help you enforce court orders if you are not receiving the support you deserve.
- Orders of protection: In situations where a spouse or child lives in fear of domestic violence, an order of protection can help provide protection.
- Paternity: Paternity issues generally come up when an unwed father wishes to establish the paternity of his child or a mother wishes to establish paternity to obtain child support. Simply putting the father’s name on the child’s birth certificate does not legally establish parental rights or obligations.
- Prenuptial agreements: Increasing in popularity and use, a prenuptial agreement can help protect you if your marriage ends in divorce. It is best to have an attorney draft and review any agreement you make to ensure that it is enforceable under Minnesota law.
- Mediation: In family law cases, mediating your disputes with your spouse has many benefits. It is a much less expensive way to come to an agreement than going to court or trial. It is faster and less stressful on parents and children.
Obtain What You Want And Need With The Help Of An Attorney
There is nothing easy about going through a divorce. Our philosophy of holistic law comes from our criminal defense practice. We have grown our family law practice out of our clients’ need for both services.
Whatever your reason for coming to us, we will take as much time as you need to tell us your story. We also want the story behind your story to provide you with legal guidance and representation that works best for your situation.