1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Estate Planning And Administration
  4.  » Guardianships And Conservatorships


Guardianships & Conservatorships

Protecting The Future Of a Loved One And Their Estate

Guardianships and conservatorships ensure that decisions are made in the best interest of the individual or estate when someone is no longer able to make decisions regarding their future or the future of their estate. When this occurs, they need a representative to make decisions on their behalf. 

Setting up the right guardianship or conservatorship can make a difference in your loved one’s future. Our Twin Cities lawyers at Groshek Law PA work closely with clients and individualize our services to suit their best interests.

What Is A Guardianship?

Guardians make decisions on behalf of an incompetent or incapacitated individual regarding their medical treatments, living arrangements and safety. Oftentimes unfortunate lifechanging events create the need for guardianships—a dementia diagnosis, for example, or a catastrophic accident.

What Is A Conservatorship?

Conservators have the authority to make financial decisions on behalf of an incompetent or incapacitated individual. Conservatorships may involve the management of bills, debts and other financial-related tasks for the estate owner who has been deemed incapable of such tasks.

Contact Our Office For More Information

In addition to guardianships, we also offer services for your estate plans as well as health care directive. Our attorneys come from extensive backgrounds in several areas. Whatever your inquiry, we can lead you in the right direction. Call us in Minneapolis at 612-426-7047 or email us to schedule a consultation.


At Groshek Law PA, each client is viewed as an individual, not a legal problem.


We start with a proactive approach through mutual education.


We expect the unexpected, so we are always prepared.


Our attorneys adhere to the Highest Professional Standard.

What is probate and is it necessary?

If a recently deceased family member left behind assets or unsettled affairs, legal intervention may be necessary to settle those matters. In many cases, the court requires a supervised probate process to settle your loved one’s estate. Here is what you need to know...

What happens if you die without a will?

A will describes how you want your property divided up after you die. With a few exceptions, you can use a will to bequeath property to anyone you choose, including family members, friends and charitable organizations. If you have not made out a will when you die,...