How to make a divorce easier for children

Minnesota parents who are ending their marriage may want to take some steps to reduce the impact that it has on their kids. While divorces are always hard, a parent may be able to make the process seem more like a life change than a traumatic event. Children may find it a lot easier if their parents do things to minimize their own stress.

One of the most important things parents can do to help their kids during this period is to try to have amiable communications with each other. To reduce conflict during a divorce, estranged parents may have to forgive each other on some level so that they will not be tempted to make negative comments in front of the children. They may also be a better parents to their children during a divorce if they can forgive themselves and practice good self-care.

Children of divorcing parents often have to go significant transitions . Newly divorced parents may have to change homes, and their children may have to change schools as a result. A divorced parent may also bring a new partner into the house. It may be important for a divorcing parent to be mindful of the number of transitions that their children are going through and try to minimize them as much as possible.

A divorcing parent who would like to have shared custody may want to have representation from an attorney during custody negotiations and court hearings. An attorney may be able to advocate for a child custody arrangement that allows the client to maximize the parenting time.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

We Can Help. Contact Us.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Groshek Law PA
530 N 3rd St.
Suite 310
Minneapolis, MN 55401

Phone: 612-424-5829
Phone: 612-424-5829
Minneapolis Law Office Map

Call for a consultation