Minneapolis Family Lawyer for Relocation, Custody and Visitation

It is not uncommon for one parent to want to move with the children out of state or even to the other side of the Twin Cities. Relocation raises significant child custody, parenting time/visitation and child support issues, especially if the relocation is out of state.

If one parent is contemplating moving out of Minnesota, both parents should consider consulting with a family law attorney. For visitation and custody issues when relocating, contact us today at 888-721-1056 for a free, confidential consultation.

Relocation, Moves and Job Transfers When Children Are Involved

At Groshek Law in Minneapolis, we represent parents dealing with issues surrounding relocation or move-away requests. If you have questions about your rights as a parent, speak with us to ensure that your children are being protected throughout the process.

Whether you or the other parent wants to relocate with your children, it is important to speak with an attorney about your options. If you relocate with the children without the other party's permission or a court order, there may be significant consequences, including a loss of custody and visitation rights.

On the other hand, if your former spouse is planning to relocate with your children and you oppose the move, it is highly recommended that you file a motion to prevent the relocation as soon as possible.

Contact Us Today

To discuss relocation and the modification of custody and support orders with a lawyer at a free, confidential consultation, contact us at Groshek Law today.